Minnesota Reptiles & Amphibians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Minnesota Reptiles & Amphibians

A place for Minnesota reptile and amphibian keepers to connect.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Whats wrong with this picture?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Bryan

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2008-08-30

Whats wrong with this picture? Empty
PostSubject: Whats wrong with this picture?   Whats wrong with this picture? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 2:31 pm

Whats wrong with this picture? DSC00263
Back to top Go down
Elyria

Elyria

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-09-02

PostSubject: Whats wrong with this picture?   Whats wrong with this picture? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 12:37 am

well it appears to me the male on top is enjoing that a lot more than the male on the bottom........

LOL I am convinced my two male yellow throat plated are gay they exibit mating behaviors with each other,.... lol!

Elyria
Back to top Go down
Bryan

Number of posts : 53

PostSubject: Re: Whats wrong with this picture?   Whats wrong with this picture? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 1:22 am

This is very strange behavior. The one on top is actually a female! I have witnessed male/male behavior similar to this but never a female showing dominance to a male. She has done this a couple of times (that I have observed) and she also shows dominate behavior towards other females, where she acts like a male; but never mounting other females. The male is at least 6 years old and that female is 5 years old.

I started keeping anoles when I was about 8 or 9 and have never seen or heard of this behavior before (female on male). After the deed was done, the male was not happy and chased her to the other side of the enclosure.

You go girl!
Back to top Go down
Elyria

Elyria

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-09-02

PostSubject: Whats wrong with this picture?   Whats wrong with this picture? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 1:25 am

not being able to see the throat I assumed it was a male dominance thing ................very strange to have a female attempt dominance very interesting and no I am sure he was not happy about it LOL Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kristy55303

kristy55303

Number of posts : 140

PostSubject: ha ha   Whats wrong with this picture? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 1:37 am

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whats wrong with this picture?   Whats wrong with this picture? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Whats wrong with this picture?
Page 1 of 1