Minnesota Reptiles & Amphibians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Minnesota Reptiles & Amphibians

A place for Minnesota reptile and amphibian keepers to connect.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Paper or Plastic???

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Dwaskey

Dwaskey

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Paper or Plastic??? Empty
PostSubject: Paper or Plastic???   Paper or Plastic??? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 4:29 pm

Qustion?
I am making a sliding door for my BD enclosure.
Should I use glass or a plastic sheet?

Thanks,

MN Lost Boy
Back to top Go down
kyle

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2008-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Paper or Plastic???   Paper or Plastic??? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 10:37 pm

Plexi glass is going to be easier to find and easy to cut yourself. Glass is hard to find and even harder to find some one to cut it.

Kyle
Kyle's Reptyles
www.freewebs.com/kyleherp/
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/kyleherp/
MightyMerlin

MightyMerlin

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2009-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Paper or Plastic???   Paper or Plastic??? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 8:17 am

I have a plexie glass front door on my enclosure and it works like a dream go with that.
Back to top Go down
Don

Don

Number of posts : 192
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Paper or Plastic???   Paper or Plastic??? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 4:43 pm

I would say plexi normally, but for lizards that like to scratch I would suggest glass. I know of a few glass shops around and if you have an ace hardware by you they have glass and will cut you any size you need. If you want 1/4 inch stuff I can name off some places to go
Back to top Go down
TCBeardies
Admin
TCBeardies

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Paper or Plastic???   Paper or Plastic??? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 4:34 pm

I would definately go with glass if you are making a cage that you would like to look nice for a long period of time. The plexi will scratch big time w/ bd nails. Plexi is a cheaper/easier alternative but i think the glass is worth it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tcbeardies.webs.com
Dwaskey

Dwaskey

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2009-03-05

PostSubject: Thanks!   Paper or Plastic??? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 2:33 pm

Thanks for the info. I am back to the drawing board though. I priced glass and they want $236.00 I think I need to redesign the size to make this a little more affordable... or find some less expensive glass.

Thank you!

Lost Boy
Back to top Go down
Don

Don

Number of posts : 192
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Paper or Plastic???   Paper or Plastic??? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 8:09 pm

Holy crap! I've built multi-cage units with glass doors and never paid that much. How big is the cage you're building?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Paper or Plastic???   Paper or Plastic??? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Paper or Plastic???
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Minnesota Reptiles & Amphibians :: Reptile & Amphibian Topics :: Housing & Equipment-
Jump to: