Minnesota Reptiles & Amphibians

A place for Minnesota reptile and amphibian keepers to connect.

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 

What type of mister?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
TCBeardies
Admin

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: What type of mister?   Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:55 am

I also have a veiled chameleon and I am curious what others are using for misters? I just hand mist with a water bottle but I am getting tired of it...

This is Merlin

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2008-08-30

PostSubject: misters   Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:00 am

i get your point. i hand mist at the moment, but just ordered a mistking system that mists on a timer at what you set it. i think the website is mistking.com and i believe you can keep adding more than one cage, viv,tank, etc to it if you do it right?? They do have the best misting systems on the market. it might look spendy at first....watch the demos, they are really cool, and may persuade you Wink kristy Very Happy

p.s. on a sidenote, to save on water changes or having a bucket as a resevoir for the water, i would just go to lowes or home depot, buy one of those comercial water dispensers, just the water portion lol....i then would put a hole into the cap, and when you refill it you save the cap with the hole into it for the lines, and then interchange a cap without the whole in it to get a discount when returning the bottle of water. That or fill it yourself and dechlorinate it. Very Happy

1.1 bakhuis tincs, 1.2 cobalts, 1.1 citronellas, 1.1 brazillian yellow heads, 1.1.6 leucs, 1.1 powder blues, 1.1.1 amazonicus, 4 p.mint teribillis, 6 costa rican auratus, 4.2 p.aurataenias , 3.2 "highland bronze" auratus, surinam cobalt tads about to morph as well as two azureus tads.
wants: mossy pairs or groups
son is getting 3.3 firebellytoads soon! spent like 400.00 just on a fbt tank. am i insane or just love my son!Smile
www.treewalkers.org join to help our amphibians!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sarah

Number of posts : 49

PostSubject: Re: What type of mister?   Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:05 am

We just hand mist using garden sprayer - it's definitely a lot easier than a water bottle.

We had a Mistking (I think), but it was too powerful for our two cages and the nozzles kept blowing off.

We're going to have to try some new nozzles sometime and see if it works, but we haven't yet.

I like watching them drink when we hand mist, and I wouldn't go in there so much if I didn't have to mist them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://northernlightsreptiles.com/blog
kristy55303

Number of posts : 140

PostSubject: mistking   Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:14 am

mistking has changed their nozzles. they are awesome in my opinion. dont know why yours didnt work out. they can be set at time intervals etc. in the dart hobby, it becomes extremely beneficial. They have by far the best misting systems. I wouldnt be surprised if they are sold to reptile breeders either. just take a look, see hwat you think, and maybe they will be the right option for you?? again i know nothing about reptiles, learning though on this site lol, but i do know darts are very very fragile and if the misters were too powerful, i don't see why we would all be using them. they come in handy on vacations also. i guess i am an advocate of them. lol kristy:)

1.1 bakhuis tincs, 1.2 cobalts, 1.1 citronellas, 1.1 brazillian yellow heads, 1.1.6 leucs, 1.1 powder blues, 1.1.1 amazonicus, 4 p.mint teribillis, 6 costa rican auratus, 4.2 p.aurataenias , 3.2 "highland bronze" auratus, surinam cobalt tads about to morph as well as two azureus tads.
wants: mossy pairs or groups
son is getting 3.3 firebellytoads soon! spent like 400.00 just on a fbt tank. am i insane or just love my son!Smile
www.treewalkers.org join to help our amphibians!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kyle

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2008-09-17

PostSubject: Re: What type of mister?   Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:55 am

If you are looking for a misting machine a have a old Habba Mister that I would be willing to sell to you for like $15. I think it is made by zoo med if you want to look them up first.

Kyle
Kyle's Reptyles
www.freewebs.com/kyleherp/
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.freewebs.com/kyleherp/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What type of mister?   

Back to top Go down

What type of mister?
Page 1 of 1