Minnesota Reptiles & Amphibians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Minnesota Reptiles & Amphibians

A place for Minnesota reptile and amphibian keepers to connect.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

ok i splurged for my son...i feel like a zoo!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
kristy55303

kristy55303

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2008-08-30

ok i splurged for my son...i feel like a zoo! Empty
PostSubject: ok i splurged for my son...i feel like a zoo!   ok i splurged for my son...i feel like a zoo! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 10:21 pm

ok. i splurged for my son...male and female sugar gliders with female having two jeoys(babies) in her pouch. they are registered with the USDA ....license to breed. I will have two available in a couple months when they are weened from mommy. for now, here is the male....in his wodent whell. they run for miles in there. i feed the a high protein wamboo diet(hpw) fruits/veggies/raisins, wamboo bisquits, honey sometimes and sugar cane oh and they love meal worms....favorite food. they are tame, will eat out of your hand, and high maintenance! here comes the male pics and his supper at the lower end of the huge cage....higher end contains yogurt with herptivite and reptocal suppliments to avoid MBD. enjoy

ok i splurged for my son...i feel like a zoo! IMG_0339
ok i splurged for my son...i feel like a zoo! IMG_0340
ok i splurged for my son...i feel like a zoo! IMG_0341
and ok i splurged for my son...i feel like a zoo! IMG_0338
they are very tame, can be held, hand fed and will sit on your shoulder although they like pouches and to climb down the shirt into you know what for warmth lol. and boy can they glide(fly) across the room. super dooper fast! lol kristy:)
Back to top Go down
kyle

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2008-09-17

PostSubject: if your into exotics, you always have a zoo   ok i splurged for my son...i feel like a zoo! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 11:11 pm

I would not feel bad at all about having a "zoo". These type of animals are the type you can not just have one or two of. Congrats on your new pets!

Kyle
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/kyleherp/
kristy55303

kristy55303

PostSubject: thanks!   ok i splurged for my son...i feel like a zoo! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 1:03 am

thanks i know i love them. we are getting more. some leucistic expensive ones. i will post pics of the macaw gold and blue we have in the "other critters section. worth a lot of money and has a very naughty vocabulary lol kristy:)
Back to top Go down
blfresh

blfresh

Number of posts : 88

PostSubject: Re: ok i splurged for my son...i feel like a zoo!   ok i splurged for my son...i feel like a zoo! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 3:30 pm

They are sooooo cute! Someone told me that they smell terribly. Is that true or is it just a matter of keeping the cage clean?
Back to top Go down
kristy55303

kristy55303

PostSubject: suggies   ok i splurged for my son...i feel like a zoo! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 3:41 pm

they do have a smell...i use an air purifyer in my sons room. i have learned to actually love the smell, but it isnt awful. if fed properly, on a right diet, and cage items cleaned, but not obsessively as the male will make it worse if he is not neutered, they dont have a smell anything compared to a ferret. if that makes sense. mommy just had her joeys. i'll have to check if they are male, female, or both of one sex. their joeys go for 200.00 a piece usually. these are noprmal greys. you can not interbreed parental lines. i dont smell much and i hold them all the time and as obsessive about germs as i am....i have wanted to go ahead and get a leucistic glider. they run from 2200 dollars and breed maybe 4 times a year, each joey being that much when sold. if you have three breeding females, you neeed to get usda licensed but really easy. there are different color variations, white faced, cinnamon(redder) leucist...leucistic het. white tailes, blondes, cremos, mosaics...i want..lol...and a few others i may be missing. i love them. nobody can smell them when outside my sons' room and when inside most have said it wasnt bad at all. i clean out the poop tray lol every other day. give them a fresh clean sleeping pouch once a week and alternate between cleaning toys. I think a dirty wet towel could knock me wayyyy off my feet compared to their smell. somewhere near the lines of a hampster/guinea pig i'd say...not anything near a ferret. i'll post pics of the babies as soon as i can. they arent born hairless like mice out of the pouch. they look like shaved mom and dad with peach fuzz full of hair. adorable! i wouldnt keep smelly animals in my house to be honest. they are great. but not a pet for everyone. they are an exotic and very expensive upkeep sometimes and also new cage toys etc. high demand for them though. just look at craigslist. unfortunately a lot on there wont be healthy:( kristy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ok i splurged for my son...i feel like a zoo!   ok i splurged for my son...i feel like a zoo! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ok i splurged for my son...i feel like a zoo!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Minnesota Reptiles & Amphibians :: Welcome :: Lounge-
Jump to: