Minnesota Reptiles & Amphibians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Minnesota Reptiles & Amphibians

A place for Minnesota reptile and amphibian keepers to connect.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Where do you purchase your feeders?

Go down 
+7
Jeff in Minneapolis
Reptile_Dude
kristy55303
REUBER
Zack Wilson
NorthstarReptiles
TCBeardies
11 posters
AuthorMessage
TCBeardies
Admin
TCBeardies

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2008-08-29

Where do you purchase your feeders? Empty
PostSubject: Where do you purchase your feeders?   Where do you purchase your feeders? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 12:18 pm

While I feed mostly bugs and a few pinkies now and then I am curious as to where people get their feeders or if they breed their own. I use Bugco for crickets and worms and have had good experiences with them. Where do you get yours?
Back to top Go down
http://www.tcbeardies.webs.com
NorthstarReptiles

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2008-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Where do you purchase your feeders?   Where do you purchase your feeders? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 12:23 pm

When I use to breed Leopard Geckos, I ordered from bugco and lllreptile. Both great places! For snake feeders I breed African Soft Fur Rats, Regular Rats , and rabbits.
Back to top Go down
Zack Wilson

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Where do you purchase your feeders?   Where do you purchase your feeders? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 5:20 pm

I use bugco as well. My little boy also likes to catch grasshoppers out in our field and feed those to Godzilla as well.
Back to top Go down
REUBER

REUBER

Number of posts : 37

PostSubject: Re: Where do you purchase your feeders?   Where do you purchase your feeders? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 7:59 pm

If you go on Ebay and search for chirpntime you can get 1000 cricks for 20 bucks shipped to your door...Thats who I use.

Also good guys

www.mulberryfarms.com
www.premiumcrickets.com
Back to top Go down
NorthstarReptiles

PostSubject: Re: Where do you purchase your feeders?   Where do you purchase your feeders? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 9:10 pm

www.lllreptile.come you can get 1000 crix for 16.99 shipped. I cant remember what bugco cost anymore..
Back to top Go down
REUBER

REUBER

PostSubject: Re: Where do you purchase your feeders?   Where do you purchase your feeders? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 11:37 pm

19.95 for 1000 shipped it looks like to me on that site??
Back to top Go down
TCBeardies
Admin
TCBeardies

PostSubject: Re: Where do you purchase your feeders?   Where do you purchase your feeders? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 11:18 am

Bugco is about $17 per 1000 or about $30 for 2000. Good prices and I like supporting MN based companies.
Back to top Go down
REUBER

REUBER

PostSubject: Re: Where do you purchase your feeders?   Where do you purchase your feeders? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 11:28 am

I refuse to use BugCO. I base companies off of customer support. I sent a lengthy email asking some questions. I received a reply from them with my name completely jacked up and NO questions answered. Then they wanted my contact info...After I stated i took the time to send an email asking the questions I still had NO answers, only a quick response wanting contact info. As if they just wanted another person for their mailing list or they deleted my email without taking it to consideration....

Another thing, Im not Einstein and I dont use proper english or puncuation on the internet....but the emails were TERRIBLE, misspelled, and seemed like a foreigner was responding to me......

If your CS is like that then your product must be as bad!

BugCo lost a customer and I am spreading the word on how I was treated!

Last edited by REUBER on Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TCBeardies
Admin
TCBeardies

PostSubject: Re: Where do you purchase your feeders?   Where do you purchase your feeders? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 11:41 am

I have never emailed them, however I feel that their customer service over the phone is quite good. I can understand how frustrating that can be though.
Back to top Go down
NorthstarReptiles

PostSubject: Re: Where do you purchase your feeders?   Where do you purchase your feeders? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 3:26 pm

well I guess their prices have went up since I got out of Leo's... Figured it was about the same but I am guessing the shipping must have went up so they brought up their prices...
Back to top Go down
kristy55303

kristy55303

Number of posts : 140

PostSubject: feeders   Where do you purchase your feeders? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 3:58 pm

cricketsdirect.com i think the site is....but i have mostly poison dart frogs so i order my feeder insects from both joshsfrogs.com for the flightless ff (excellent customer service and i culture my own now) as well as springtails from him to seed my vivs with springtails and isopods. I also believe vivarium concepts sells woodlice, another good seeder for vivs with darts. kristy:)
Back to top Go down
Reptile_Dude

Reptile_Dude

Number of posts : 95

PostSubject: Re: Where do you purchase your feeders?   Where do you purchase your feeders? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 7:59 pm

I use Bugco. for my insects and RodentPro for my mice.
Back to top Go down
Jeff in Minneapolis

Number of posts : 3

PostSubject: Feeders   Where do you purchase your feeders? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 11:10 pm

We have a lot of mouths to feed. We buy crickets in bulk from Mulberry Farms. We had bought in bulk from Flukers, but there were too many non-cricket insects in the shipments, and the last one we received had a hole in the box and distributed crickets cross country in delivery trucks and aircraft. We have recently decided to breed our own feeder mice and we are composing a schedule for breeding and size freezing now.
Back to top Go down
REUBER

REUBER

PostSubject: Re: Where do you purchase your feeders?   Where do you purchase your feeders? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 11:35 pm

Jeff in Minneapolis wrote:
We have a lot of mouths to feed. We buy crickets in bulk from Mulberry Farms. We had bought in bulk from Flukers, but there were too many non-cricket insects in the shipments, and the last one we received had a hole in the box and distributed crickets cross country in delivery trucks and aircraft. We have recently decidereed our own feeder mice and we are composing a schedule for breeding and size freezing now.

Im telling you man chirpntime on ebay, its the cheapest Ive found shipped to your door at 1000 for 20 bucks!!

you can pick your own side.....actually if you have a adult beardie I ordered 1000 but they are now to big for my baby....
Back to top Go down
Don

Don

Number of posts : 192
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Where do you purchase your feeders?   Where do you purchase your feeders? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 9:43 pm

Americanrodent,com has free shipping to MN. there is a small box fee of $10. their prices on rodents are pretty competitive. In the warmer months(above 35) I breed my own feeders
Back to top Go down
jasondart

Number of posts : 20

PostSubject: Re: Where do you purchase your feeders?   Where do you purchase your feeders? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 12:22 am

I breed my own fruit flies. Super easy.
Back to top Go down
kyle

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2008-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Where do you purchase your feeders?   Where do you purchase your feeders? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 12:23 am

american rodent is a very good place to get feeder rodent. The shipping is only free to MN if you meet the min. order of $100, if you do not they do not even ship.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/kyleherp/
Don

Don

Number of posts : 192
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Where do you purchase your feeders?   Where do you purchase your feeders? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 9:34 am

There is a guy, Marc Bailey, just north of the cities that sells rodents. His shipping charge is about $17 to people in the cities. I have his contact info if you're interested.
Back to top Go down
Dwaskey

Dwaskey

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2009-03-05

PostSubject: We bred our own crickets   Where do you purchase your feeders? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 1:33 pm

We couldn't afford the cost to buy so many crickets for our young dragon so we started breeding them. It is easy and I would guess if you use purchase stock from a trusted source, you can be confident that they are going to be healthy.

For a while we had so many crickets we started selling them, giving them away, freezing them, etc... It is pretty easy to raise 1-3 thousand each time (More if you wanted to or tried to raise more). I would guess it would be most beneficial if you had a lot of young BD to feed...

Let me know if you want to see how we do it...
Back to top Go down
kristy55303

kristy55303

Number of posts : 140

PostSubject: crix   Where do you purchase your feeders? Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 8:20 pm

sign up as a breeder at ghann's cricket farm. I get over 7,000 for like 29.99 bux;) 1000 adults for just a few bux. kristy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where do you purchase your feeders?   Where do you purchase your feeders? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Where do you purchase your feeders?
Page 1 of 1