Minnesota Reptiles & Amphibians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Minnesota Reptiles & Amphibians

A place for Minnesota reptile and amphibian keepers to connect.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Milk Attitudes

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
blfresh

blfresh

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2008-08-30

Milk Attitudes Empty
PostSubject: Milk Attitudes   Milk Attitudes Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 12:43 pm

How do you guys like working with milks and kings? I've had Mexican black kings and they were very nice - easy to work with and predictable. I've had a Florida king that was very impressive also. I've always found the milks to be somewhat on the spastic side - thrashy and musky. Is that your experience also? I've never handled a hondo but they are really beautiful.
Back to top Go down
TwistedSerpent

TwistedSerpent

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-11-02

Milk Attitudes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Milk Attitudes   Milk Attitudes Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 12:53 pm

The one mexican black I've had was nasty; it was his life's goal to bite and try to eat everything it seemed. Kings in general I find to be pretty high strung and quick to bite and seem to have off days a little more often then other snakes; not to mention that feeding response. My baby kings have all been very musky, my adults are handleable, I think conditioning them to handling helps a lot with many of them. I still say though that all kings are crazy to one degree or another.

Milks on the other hand are usually pretty shy and jumpy, I've rarely had any try to bite though, usually just musk; I usually find them a little more handleable compared to the kings I've had, and a little more pleasant to deal with.
Back to top Go down
http://www.TwistedSerpent.com
kyle

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2008-09-17

Milk Attitudes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Milk Attitudes   Milk Attitudes Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 8:07 pm

I will admit that some do have a mean streak, but they are very fun to work with.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/kyleherp/
Don

Don

Number of posts : 192
Registration date : 2008-09-07

Milk Attitudes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Milk Attitudes   Milk Attitudes Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 10:34 pm

I have seen both ends of kingsnakes attitudes. I think it just comes down to how often they are handled. I agree milks are more flighty than anything and usually calm down with age. both are great snakes to have
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Milk Attitudes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Milk Attitudes   Milk Attitudes Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Milk Attitudes
Page 1 of 1