Minnesota Reptiles & Amphibians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Minnesota Reptiles & Amphibians

A place for Minnesota reptile and amphibian keepers to connect.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Tick Help quick

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Elyria

Elyria

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-09-02

Tick Help quick Empty
PostSubject: Tick Help quick   Tick Help quick Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 8:21 pm

HELP!!!!!

I just relized that I have a Tick issue, I lost one of my little plateds lizards to the little buggars, Fu***ng blood suckers ........in 20 year of herps I have never had ticks before, I think the came in on the Aspen bedding which I have taken everyone off and will bleach houses,and have read all I can about them but what is the best thing to do to get rid of these things.....

also I have check my Leopards does not look like they have them but they share walls ...can leopards get ticks as well

thanks in advance

Elyria
Back to top Go down
kyle

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2008-09-17

Tick Help quick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tick Help quick   Tick Help quick Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 10:53 pm

Are you sure they are ticks? If you smosh them in between your fingers and they smeir brown or red they are more than likley mites. If you got the aspen from fleet farm they are mite for sure. The only thing you can do is to go to a pet store and get some mite spray. Good luck, mite suck a lot and are kinda hard to get rid of. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/kyleherp/
Elyria

Elyria

Tick Help quick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tick Help quick   Tick Help quick Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 11:33 pm

we got the aspen at twin cities reptile, they are quite large and black , they could be mites......... and yes they are pesky little Fu**ers .....

going to make a trip to the store tommorow

Elyria
Back to top Go down
kyle

Tick Help quick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tick Help quick   Tick Help quick Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 10:56 am

Yeah, usally when you have mites you get alot of them. With ticks im not sure if you get them as heavy as the mites but good luck either way.
Back to top Go down
Don

Don

Number of posts : 192
Registration date : 2008-09-07

Tick Help quick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tick Help quick   Tick Help quick Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 7:41 pm

yup, get a mite spray, it should kill ticks too. I had a problem with the bedding from fleet farm, it was a pain to get rid of them all. now I spray the enclosure everyother month as a precaution to avoid the situation from coming back. provent a mite and black knight work very well and you only need a very small amount. once the spray dries it will work for up to 60 days and won't wear off if it gets wet. good luck.
Back to top Go down
kyle

Tick Help quick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tick Help quick   Tick Help quick Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 9:42 pm

Did you ever get that mite/tick problem fixed? I hope it worked in your favor. Wink
Back to top Go down
Elyria

Elyria

Tick Help quick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tick Help quick   Tick Help quick Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 10:18 am

we are working on it still........I got a can of blacknight but need to wait till I can move and treat the cages away form my cricket eaters....hopefully this weekend....

we have them under control but not gone......

Elyria
Back to top Go down
kyle

Tick Help quick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tick Help quick   Tick Help quick Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 6:38 pm

Wll that is better than still having it be a big problem. Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tick Help quick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tick Help quick   Tick Help quick Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tick Help quick
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Minnesota Reptiles & Amphibians :: Reptile & Amphibian Topics :: Health-
Jump to: