Minnesota Reptiles & Amphibians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Minnesota Reptiles & Amphibians

A place for Minnesota reptile and amphibian keepers to connect.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Environment-

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dwaskey

Dwaskey

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Environment- Empty
PostSubject: Environment-   Environment- Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 10:05 am

I am building my first Bearded Dragon Habitat / Cage and was wondering about orientation. I am planning on about 24 cubic feet of space, 2 x 3 x 4. Should I orient it so I have the height 4 feet or 3? Do they like / need more floor space or more height to climb?
Back to top Go down
ReptilesForEver

ReptilesForEver

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2008-12-10

Environment- Empty
PostSubject: Re: Environment-   Environment- Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 1:07 am

You will want more floor space.. and you don't want to go to high or you could run into probles with you dragons getting uvb. 5.0 are only good for 8 to 10 in from light and 10.0 for 18in. So don't go to high and use 10.0 if over 8in fron highest spot dragon can get
Back to top Go down
http://reptilesforever.com
TCBeardies
Admin
TCBeardies

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2008-08-29

Environment- Empty
PostSubject: Re: Environment-   Environment- Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 5:19 pm

I would also go with a shorter cage (24" or less) because of UVB output as well. The output is actually different depending on what type of bulb you use. You really only get the 18" if you use a zoomed 10.0 or more if you use an Mercury Vapor Bulb. The reptiglo bulbs output is supposed to be much less so I wouldnt recommend using them. I would say 4 x 2 x 2 is a good size for 1 or 2 adult dragons.

Do you only have one dragon? The one in your profile photo is awesome! What are its bloodlines?
Back to top Go down
http://www.tcbeardies.webs.com
Dwaskey

Dwaskey

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Environment- Empty
PostSubject: Re: Environment-   Environment- Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 3:34 pm

... the photo was snagged off the net... But! My draggon is good looking. I'm the guy who was asking you a lot of questions by e-mail... I decided to post them so others could learn maybe???
Back to top Go down
TCBeardies
Admin
TCBeardies

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2008-08-29

Environment- Empty
PostSubject: Re: Environment-   Environment- Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 10:59 pm

Oh haha, Hi! I think thats a great idea!
Back to top Go down
http://www.tcbeardies.webs.com
Sponsored content

Environment- Empty
PostSubject: Re: Environment-   Environment- Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Environment-
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Minnesota Reptiles & Amphibians :: Lizard Discussion :: Bearded Dragons-
Jump to: