Minnesota Reptiles & Amphibians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Minnesota Reptiles & Amphibians

A place for Minnesota reptile and amphibian keepers to connect.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Good Reptile & Amphibian shops?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
TCBeardies
Admin
TCBeardies

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2008-08-29

Good Reptile & Amphibian shops? Empty
PostSubject: Good Reptile & Amphibian shops?   Good Reptile & Amphibian shops? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 9:59 pm

The only places I know of that have much for reptiles etc... are:

Twin Cities Reptile
Leaping Lizards
Exotics and Acquatics

Does anyone else know of any good stores to visit in the twin cities area? I just like to visit and see what each individual place has.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tcbeardies.webs.com
Don

Don

Number of posts : 192
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Good Reptile & Amphibian shops?   Good Reptile & Amphibian shops? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 11:17 pm

Those are the only ones I know of that specialize in reptiles. Exotics and Aquatics isn't the greatest place to go
Back to top Go down
TCBeardies
Admin
TCBeardies

PostSubject: Re: Good Reptile & Amphibian shops?   Good Reptile & Amphibian shops? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 11:41 pm

Yeah i know, the owner is not the nicest fella...
Back to top Go down
Reptile_Dude

Reptile_Dude

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2008-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Good Reptile & Amphibian shops?   Good Reptile & Amphibian shops? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 11:55 pm

Heh heh, yeah hes not. He tried to make me buy a burm the last time I was in there. scratch Also their animals aren't taken care of very well.
Back to top Go down
Don

Don

PostSubject: Re: Good Reptile & Amphibian shops?   Good Reptile & Amphibian shops? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 12:31 am

he sells some wild caught animals and is a shady person. He doesn't like to keep up on his cleaning
Back to top Go down
TCBeardies
Admin
TCBeardies

PostSubject: Re: Good Reptile & Amphibian shops?   Good Reptile & Amphibian shops? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 12:58 am

He honestly shut the lights off on me in the store once, 30 mins before posted closing time!! And I agree about the shady person thing, he showed me some beardies once and said he had a lot more in the back but would he show me? Of course not.

I wish there were more good reptile stores around... or even more small pet stores that had a decent and healthy collection.
Back to top Go down
jasondart

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2008-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Good Reptile & Amphibian shops?   Good Reptile & Amphibian shops? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 9:46 pm

Pet Expo (Not a chain store) here in Mankato has a decent collection. They seem to take care of them well and have a vet connected to the store. Kind of out of the way for many, but worth checking out if you ever get down this way.

This is all the more reason why we should have an annual reptile/amphibian MN show so reputable breeders who actually care about there animals can show off what they have and mingle with other breeders.
Back to top Go down
TCBeardies
Admin
TCBeardies

PostSubject: Re: Good Reptile & Amphibian shops?   Good Reptile & Amphibian shops? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 11:26 pm

Im with ya on the show. I think most breeders in MN probably do so out of their homes but it would be nice to get them all together in one place.
Back to top Go down
Don

Don

PostSubject: Re: Good Reptile & Amphibian shops?   Good Reptile & Amphibian shops? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 11:32 pm

I know a few of the bigger breeders here in MN that try to make it to most of the NARBC shows. They would probably love a local show
Back to top Go down
ReptilesForEver

ReptilesForEver

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2008-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Good Reptile & Amphibian shops?   Good Reptile & Amphibian shops? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 7:29 am

well Exotics and Acquatics does have a lot in the back room i have seen them and very nice dragons. when i have been there it was keeped up. He has the biggest dragon collection I have seen in the cities. Twiwcityreptiles very clean but never has many dragons..
Back to top Go down
http://reptilesforever.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good Reptile & Amphibian shops?   Good Reptile & Amphibian shops? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Good Reptile & Amphibian shops?
Page 1 of 1